I have been online journaling for a long time. Since 2001. 12 years. I started during my freshman year of high school on livejournal, where the only person who consistently read it and can still reference it to this day is Chrisan. In fact, the other day we made fun of ourselves for it.
It’s really embarrassing to go back and re-read all the things you wrote. There is nothing profound about the inner workings of a fourteen year old. Sometimes, sometimes you come across a gem where you find yourself shocked that you could write something intelligent, but most of the time, it’s just cringe worthy.
A few years ago I started this blog, and I wrote a lot and I thought a lot about turning it into something bigger. But I never really did. I never found the time or the drive to kick-start a more substantial blog. And like my other online journals, the further back I went in reading my entries, the more I cringed. So, I took all the entries out of public view.
I’m restarting. I would like to make this page prettier; like a better header or something, and change the colors, but it pretty much ends there. I think I’m just going to make this page more about me and writing for myself since I actually do like writing…and let everything else go. I have no expectations. I will write when I feel like writing. Which, I’ll admit, hasn’t been a lot lately. Here’s hoping that turns around.
No comments:
Post a Comment